24 - 25 June 2022
On 24 and 25 June 2022, endurance athletes and triathlon fans will once again get what their heart desires. The TriZell, an international triathlon in Zell am See-Kaprun, will enter its 35th edition on these days, when the Olympic distance of 1.5 kilometres of swimming, 40 kilometres of cycling and 10 kilometres of running must be managed.
New location in 2022
This year, the start and finish areas will be located at and around the Thumersbach lido with a view of the centre of Zell am See, the Schmittenhöhe and the Kitzsteinhorn.
The event starts with swimming in the crystal-clear Lake Zell, the bike course leads from Zell am See via Bruck an der Großglocknerstraße to Kaprun and back to the transition zone in Thumersbach. The 10 km run along the shore of Lake Zell will conclude the triathlon event.
More details about the course can be found here.
- New start & finish area in Thumersbach
- Start at the lido in Thumersbach
- Finish in the Kurpark Thumersbach
- Triathlon events for athletes from the of age 6
- The 2-G rule applies to all starters (they must therefore be vaccinated against or have recovered from COVID-19).
- Olympic distance:
- Saturday, 25.06.2022 | start at 10 am
- 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike, 10 km run
- maximum of 250 participants
- Swimming competition:
- Friday, 24.06.2022 | 6pm
- 1,500 m swim
- Maximum of 300 participants
- Children's competition | Aquathlon:
- Saturday, 25.06.2022 | from 2pm
- depending on age group, 25 to 400 m swimming and 300 to 3,000 m running
- maximum of 120 participants
- Slipstreaming is prohibited (Attention: Change to previous years).
- Registration online until 23.06.2022 | 12pm; unfortunately, late registrations on site are not possible.