Festival of Alpine Cuisine
19 September 2022
A must for gourmets in Zell am See-Kaprun: The Festival of Alpine Cuisine offers delightful experiences at the highest level with exciting guests - including chefs and hosts as well as cultural workers and food editors from home and abroad. Look forward to tastings, talks and discussions and secure your ticket for the Festival of Alpine Cuisine 2022 now.
Culinary, art & creativity
Experience Alpine cuisine in Zell am See-Kaprun, a hotspot of culinary diversity. The “Festival of Alpine Cuisine“ is staged for the third time here, where a diverse nature between glacier, mountains and lake provides first-class products like game, cheese and other dairy products as well as herbs and mushrooms, and where hospitality as a longstanding tourism tradition as well as culinary skills have been able to flourish. This year, culinary delights, art and creativity will be examined in detail:
- 10 am - 10.15 am | Welcome & Philosophy
- 10.15 am - 11.15 am | Culture, Muse & Inspiration: "The identity of the summer resort, tradition and modernity"
(including Lukas Nagl, Johanna Grabmer, Jakob Reitinger and Elisabeth Schweeger)
- 11.15 am - 12 noon | The fusion of culture and cuisine: "Networking and interdisciplinarity of two worlds"
(e.g. with Andreas Gfrerer, Seppi Sigl, Andreas Döllerer and many more)
- 12 noon - 1 pm | The Poetry of Cooking: Cookery Book
(with Johann & Emanuel Weyringer)
- 1 pm - 2.15 pm | Flying Lunch - four cooks, four dishes
- 2.15 pm - 3 pm | Perspective of cuisine - panel talk: questions of our time
(e.g. with Elisabeth Brandlmaier, Philipp Stohner and many more)
- 3 pm - 3.45 pm | Culinary highlight: Star chef show "The future of gastronomy"
(La Fuga, G Wenter & M Baroni)
- from 4 pm | Beer tasting and conclusion at the market square
The festival is complemented by many other culinary side events in catering establishments and hotels in Zell am See-Kaprun from 9 to 25 September 2022.
With Alpine enjoyment, connoisseurs can go on a culinary journey of discovery in the region. The alpine cuisine can be experienced in all its facets. A culinary programme for all fans of alpine cuisine!