Your winter holiday Winter activities in Zell am See-Kaprun
As soon as the first snowflakes fall, the Zell am See-Kaprun region becomes a winter favourite for active holidays: the Kitzsteinhorn glacier attracts winter sports enthusiasts with the best piste conditions as early as October, and makes skiing possible from autumn. From December, the family ski resort Schmittenhöhe and the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn open their wide range of pistes for skiers and snowboarders, invite you to freeride action and inspire you with perfectly shaped snow parks and fun slopes.
But in Zell am See-Kaprun you can also enjoy winter away from the pistes: experience pristine nature when out and about on (guided) ski tours. If you prefer to swap your alpine skis for narrow cross-country skis, diverse cross-country ski tracks for beginners and physically fit cross-country skiers await you in the region. In addition, idyllic walking paths and cleared winter hiking trails lead through the wintry landscape.
10 x winter sports
These highlights await you on your winter holiday
- Three top ski resorts & 408 kilometres of pistes with just one ski ticket: the Ski ALPIN CARD
- Five freeride lines on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier
- Several snow parks and fun slopes
- Variety of pistes of all levels of difficulty
- Cosy huts for hours in a social atmosphere
- Professional ski instructors who teach you how to ski in a fun way
- Numerous sports shops, rental and service
- Extensive network of cross-country ski tracks
- Guided ski tours in alpine terrain
- tranquillity and enjoyment of nature on winter walks & snowshoe hikes
Learn to ski in Zell am See-Kaprun
With professional, qualified snow sports instructors at your side, you will learn the perfect turns on skis in a playful way during your winter holiday in Zell am See-Kaprun. The ski schools in the region offer a range of private lessons and group courses for adults, children and athletes with disabilities. You can then end the day of skiing together with your family or friends at the cosy huts.
In addition to the classic skiing holiday, the region offers numerous other possibilities for winter sports: with its own ski touring mountain - the Ronachkopf, which is only open to ski tourers and winter hikers, - Zell am See-Kaprun attracts all those who prefer to work hard for their descent. The Ronachkopf, just like the two piste ski tours on the Kitzsteinhorn and the tour on the Maiskogel, is ideal for first ski tours. For off-piste ski tours, it's best to have an experienced guide by your side.