Across the Alps & Night of balloons in Zell am See-Kaprun
The fourth edition of the international Winter Balloon Week takes place in the Zell am See-Kaprun region in February 2018. A highlight in front of the impressive scenery of the Hohe Tauern for balloonists from around the world. Not only sporty challenges are on the agenda, colourful lit balloons illuminate the night sky in Zell am See-Kaprun and attract hundreds of fans and spectators on two nights of ballons evenings.
3 - 10 FEBRUARY 2018
Night of Balloons
Night of Balloons is another special feature of the "balloonalps Week" in Zell am See-Kaprun. When the night sets in and the wintry cold spreads a very special atmosphere across Zell am See and Kaprun, then is the time for a colourful spectacle. Locals and visitors can admire colourful balloons in the illuminated night sky together at the Lechnerberg in Kaprun on Monday, and at the lower terminal of the cityXpress in Zell am See on Wednesday. Admission is free on both evenings. Thus, there is nothing that speaks against enjoying a fantastic support programme with ski & snowboard show and hot drinks.
- 05.02.2018 Lechnerberg & 07.02.2018 cityXpress
- From 8:00 pm on both evenings, free admission
- Show with ski & snowboard acrobatics & good music
- "Glowing Balloons" turn the night into an amazing play of colours
- Warm clothes & adequate footwear recommended
Passenger rides at balloonalps 2018
Across the mountains by hot air balloon. During balloonalps 2018, you get the unique chance to take a passenger hot air balloon ride across the wintry Zell am See-Kaprun region. Winter is the best time for balloon rides also for passengers because the cold air, blue sky and the low position of the sun guarantee the best vista. Take a tour with FLAGGL Ballooning GmbH; you will be rewarded with beautiful views to the wintry mountains of the Hohe Tauern. The pilots know exactly what is needed on a balloon ride: Safety and know-how are at the top of the list during 2018!
- Excellent tourism infrastructure in the entire region
- Zell am See Airport as the ideal starting location for all kinds of competitions
- The location close to the main ridge of the Alps is ideal for starting alpine crossings
- Best conditions for a balloon events
- WINTER is the best season for balloon rides
- The high difference in temperature between the air in the balloon and the surrounding air = perfect
- Buoyancy increases and the rides are longer