Summer holiday in Austria | © Zell am See-Kaprun Tourismus/ Faistauer Photography
Holiday paradise in Austria | © Nikolaus Faistauer Photography
Discover now your accommodation

After Brexit

Yes, you can ... 

... still come to Zell am See-Kaprun and enjoy a unique holiday experience.
On this page we will try to cover all the information you need to enjoy your holidays and holidays preparations stress-free after Brexit. There will be some changes in the future when it comes to travelling to the EU, but if you are properly informed and prepared in advance, there should not be any difficulties coming your way.

Flights, insurance & more

There is no final agreement on travel arrangements for British citizens yet. 

Holiday companies in the UK promise that there will be no huge impacts on journeys to the EU. Particularly customers who have booked a package holiday with a UK travel company should not have any troubles. Packages are protected by the Package Travel Regulations, this means that you will have the right to a full refund if the holiday cannot be provided any longer.

flights & insurance
  • Flights will not be affected until December 2020.
  • UK airlines will be able to operate flights between UK & EU. Similar assurances exist for EU airlines
  • Package deals that are covered by ABTA, ABTOT & ATOL will have the same buyer protection as before.
  • Always purchase travel insurance to be covered in case of  delays or cancellations. 
  • Insurances will offer an equal amount of coverage in the EU countries as they did before. 
  • If you are not sure, please contact your insurance company and make sure they still cover your travels. 

NO-DEAL scenario: 

  • There is a possibility that the UK drivers licence will no longer be recognised without an additional International Drivers Permit (IDP). 
  • More information:

International Drivers Permit: 

  • Can be ordered from the post office.
  • Attention! It can take up to 30 days.
  • Requires an ID to be presented. 
  • If already abroad, you will either have to return to the UK to obtain an IDP or send your documents to someone in the UK to apply on your behalf. 

In general: 

  • You might need a "green card" that proves that you are insured to drive in the EU. 
European Health Insurance Card

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) was introduced, so that any EU citizen can access state medical care during their travels in any EU country. BUT, EHIC has its limitations and that is why the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) always recommends to make sure that your insurance is appropriate for your journey. It should cover all your current circumstances and include any medical conditions.