hotel in Kaprun
"A holiday is the freedom to do whatever we are denied in everyday life!"
Leave everyday life far behind and relax and enjoy the freedom of a holiday at our traditional 4-star family hotel at the heart of Kaprun. The Hotel Tauernhof represents authentic Austrian comfort and hospitality in a peaceful yet very central top location close to the ski lifts. Experience the sporting diversity of this region at the heart of the Hohe Tauern with its glacier and lake.
NEW: 3 charging stations for e-vehicles directly in front of the hotel (charged extra)
Enjoy a culinary pampering by our team and re-charge your batteries in our well-being oasis, the "Tauernreich" - with its indoor pool, non-nude sauna, Finnish and organic clay saunas and rock crystal steam bath. Relax in the panorama and illusion relaxation rooms, savour the deep warmth of the infra-red cabin and awaken your zest for life with an adventure shower trail or glacier ice fountain.
A culinary pampering programme awaits in the cosy ambience of our traditional designed dining rooms. Exceptional quality and traditional regional ingredients are important to us - and you can taste it too!
A mix of timeless elegance and magical views of the surrounding "Hohe Tauern" mountains - our individually appointed rooms and suites are something quite special. The cosy athomsphere provided by abundant use of wood and warm colors creates a pleasant atmosphere and a sense of total ease. Enjoy the adequate comfort - after relaxing hours of sleep in the fresh mountain air, you will be ready to face a new day with new exciting holiday adventures!
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Sincerely - Your Gschwandtner-Reinhart Family
... on behalf of the whole Tauernhof-Team
"Covid-19" - Our Measures & Safety Precautions
Here is a brief overview of the most important points:
- Safe hospitality: We are proud to say that our entire team (that means 100% of all employees!) is vaccinated against Covid-19!
- Safety through cleanliness: Hygiene has always been a major priority here with us - and now more than ever! We implement the most current hygiene measures in all areas of our hotel, going above and beyond standard practices.
- Safety through hand desinfection: At several locations inside our hotel, you will find dispensers where you can disinfect your hands.
This hotel is member of
- Nationalpark Hohe Tauern
- Tauern Spa Friends
- Schnee Okay
- Gruppenhotels SalzburgerLand
- Da geht's mir gut - Hotels
- Unterkünfte - 22 Sommerkampagne
- Familienunterkünfte Kaprun - 22 Sommerkampagne
- Unterkünfte Kaprun - 22 Sommerkampagne
- Wellnesshotels Kaprun - Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Winterkampagne 2021/22 - Kaprun
- Hotels Kaprun - Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Familienunterkünfte Kaprun
- Summer Card
Health and Security Measures
- Usage of health- or tracking apps is recommended
- Registering of guest contact data at the checkIn that may be relevant in case of infection - when guest agrees
- Storing of staff roster for four weeks
- Usage of cleansers that are effective against Corona Virus
- Checklists how to clean rooms - during stay and after departure
- Rooms are cleaned most thoroughly after every guest departure, in particular often touched items
- Disinfecting of rented equipment
- Disinfection of often touched items and surfaces
- Room cleaning includes ventilation, change of cleaning tissues and disinfection of gloves after every room
- Bedlinen, towels and laundry are washed according to rules of local authorities
- Regular ventilation of commonly accessible areas
- First aid kit available
- Surgical mask for guests available
- Distance lettering on bottom in critical areas
- Staff follows all security rules of the local authorities
- Disinfectant for hands in accommodation and common rooms
- Sensitizing of employees to meet min. distance rules
- Employees are informed about prevention and hygiene measures and correct behaviour when Covid19 symptoms or infections appear
- Compliance of distance in all food areas
- Distance rules are kept
- Min. distance between tables and seatings or distance by separators
- Non-cash payment possible
breakfast service, ski-service room, wine bar, winter garden, bar, non-smoking area, own garden, boot dryer, bicycle parking space, family friendly, luggage storage, restaurant, group accommodation, breakfast room, ski storeroom, terrace/garden restaurant, drying room, ironing service, group arrangements, parking space for bicycles, terrace, garden furniture, restaurant smoking/non-smoking, multilingual menu, pets not allowed, car parking lot, satellite TV, wake-up service, café, short stays welcome, guest refrigerator, early breakfast service, wheelchair accessible, WiFi, electric car charging station, laundry service, lobby, lift / elevator, flat-rate offer
highchair, crib/baby bed, children's menus, children's menu, child-friendly, child reduction
special massages, massage, infrared cabin, ice grotto, biosauna, invigorated water, sauna, aromatic steam sauna, indoor swimming pool, aerobics room, steambath, wellness area
indoor freshwater pool, garden / meadow, hikes/guided hiking tours, discounted Green Fees, golf
German, English, Italian
children's menu, gluten-free meals, vegetarian food, home-style cooking, traditional cuisine, breakfast buffet, à la carte menu, daily salad buffet
bus parking space, groups possible with max. pers.: 100
quiet location, central location, right at the ski-bus/ hiking-bus/ bus stop
Double room for single-use (per day): from EUR 20, -
Massage: Partial Body EUR 38, -/ Full Body EUR 75, -
Contact & Directions
"Check-in" from 2 p.m. - "Check-Out" until 11 a.m.
You go directly through the centre of the village along the street. Then you'll see the tourist office on the left hand side and after a slight curve on the left hand side you’ll find the Tauernhof!