hotel in Kaprun
"A holiday is the freedom to do whatever we are denied in everyday life!"
Leave everyday life far behind and relax and enjoy the freedom of a holiday at our traditional 4-star family hotel at the heart of Kaprun. The Hotel Tauernhof represents authentic Austrian comfort and hospitality in a peaceful yet very central top location close to the ski lifts. Experience the sporting diversity of this region at the heart of the Hohe Tauern with its glacier and lake.
Enjoy a culinary pampering by our team and re-charge your batteries in our well-being oasis, the "Tauernreich" - with its indoor pool, non-nude sauna, Finnish and organic clay saunas and rock crystal steam bath. Relax in the panorama and illusion relaxation rooms, savour the deep warmth of the infra-red cabin and awaken your zest for life with an adventure shower trail or glacier ice fountain.
A culinary pampering programme awaits in the cosy ambience of our traditional designed dining rooms. Exceptional quality and traditional regional ingredients are important to us - and you can taste it too!
A mix of timeless elegance and magical views of the surrounding "Hohe Tauern" mountains - our individually appointed rooms and suites are something quite special. The cosy athomsphere provided by abundant use of wood and warm colors creates a pleasant atmosphere and a sense of total ease. Enjoy the adequate comfort - after relaxing hours of sleep in the fresh mountain air, you will be ready to face a new day with new exciting holiday adventures!
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Sincerely - Your Gschwandtner-Reinhart Family
... on behalf of the whole Tauernhof-Team
"Covid-19" - Our Measures & Safety Precautions
Here is a brief overview of the most important points:
- Safe hospitality: Our team is tested for SARS-CoV-2 once a week by members of the Austrian Red Cross.
- Safety through cleanliness: Hygiene has always been a major priority here with us - and now more than ever! We implement the most current hygiene measures in all areas of our hotel, going above and beyond standard practices.
- Safety through hand desinfection: At several locations inside our hotel, you will find dispensers where you can disinfect your hands.
This hotel is member of
- Nationalpark Hohe Tauern
- Tauern Spa Friends
- Schnee Okay
- Gruppenhotels SalzburgerLand
- Da geht's mir gut - Hotels
- Wellnesshotels Kaprun - Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Winterkampagne 2021/22 - Kaprun
- Hotels Kaprun - Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Winterkampagne 2021/22
- Familienunterkünfte Kaprun
- Summer Card
Health and Security Measures
- Staff follows all security rules of the local authorities
- Surgical mask for guests available
- Disinfectant for hands in accommodation and common rooms
- First aid kit available
- Participation for vaccinated, recovered or negatively tested persons only
- Distance lettering on bottom in critical areas
- Room cleaning includes ventilation, change of cleaning tissues and disinfection of gloves after every room
- Checklists how to clean rooms - during stay and after departure
- Disinfection of often touched items and surfaces
- Usage of cleansers that are effective against Corona Virus
- Disinfecting of rented equipment
- Bedlinen, towels and laundry are washed according to rules of local authorities
- Rooms are cleaned most thoroughly after every guest departure, in particular often touched items
- Regular ventilation of commonly accessible areas
- Employees wear surgical masks
- Employees are informed about prevention and hygiene measures and correct behaviour when Covid19 symptoms or infections appear
- Sensitizing of employees to meet min. distance rules
- Regular Covid19 tests for employees that have direct guest contact
- Min. distance between tables and seatings or distance by separators
- Non-cash payment possible
- Distance rules are kept
- Storing of staff roster for four weeks
- Registering of guest contact data at the checkIn that may be relevant in case of infection - when guest agrees
- Usage of health- or tracking apps is recommended
- Compliance of distance in all food areas
bicycle parking space, lobby, bar, restaurant, early breakfast service, breakfast room, short stays welcome, non-smoking area, pets not allowed, family friendly, wine bar, flat-rate offer, group accommodation, garden furniture, electric car charging station, guest refrigerator, group arrangements, ski-service room, terrace/garden restaurant, wake-up service, luggage storage, restaurant smoking/non-smoking, wheelchair accessible, ski storeroom, parking space for bicycles, drying room, multilingual menu, satellite TV, breakfast service, winter garden, own garden, games room, WiFi, lift / elevator, ironing service, laundry service, terrace, boot dryer, café, car parking lot
gluten-free meals, traditional cuisine, breakfast buffet, afternoon snack, vegetarian food, children's menu, à la carte menu, home-style cooking, afternoon coffee included, daily salad buffet
groups possible with max. pers.: 100, bus parking space
sauna, steambath, invigorated water, infrared cabin, aromatic steam sauna, biosauna, aerobics room, massage, special massages, wellness area, indoor swimming pool, ice grotto
children's menu, children's play area, child reduction, children's playroom, child-friendly, children's menus, crib/baby bed, highchair
German, English, Italian
golf, fitness equipment, hikes/guided hiking tours, indoor freshwater pool, discounted Green Fees, table tennis, garden / meadow, fitness room, billiards table, football
quiet location, right at the ski-bus/ hiking-bus/ bus stop, central location
Double room for single-use (per day): from EUR 20, -
Massage: Partial Body EUR 38, -/ Full Body EUR 75, -
Contact & Directions
"Check-in" from 2 p.m. - "Check-Out" until 11 a.m.
You go directly through the centre of the village along the street. Then you'll see the tourist office on the left hand side and after a slight curve on the left hand side you’ll find the Tauernhof!